Monday, April 27, 2009

I just want to eat her:)


This is the face of one of the sweetest and spunkiest little girls I have ever seen! Poor thing has had what we refer to in house as "The Didas" for over 9 days now. It started out last weekend with a fever and continued thoughout last week. I finally had to take a "specemin" in on Thursday to have it tested and we found out today that she has Campylobacter. It is basically a horrible bacterial infection of the digestive track. One really common way to contract it is through chickens:( Jason and I are so careful about us all washing our hands after handling the chickens and taking our "Poopy" boots off at the back door. But sometime things just can't be avoided. I feel so guilty, but at least now we know what it is and she can be on the mend!
I took this photo about an hour ago. Can you see the gap in her two front teeth? Or how crooked that little grin is? I just love it! So much personality at only 10 mos. She say bye now and waves, and just this morning she started saying "Ma-ma"!!! I am so excited!!! Reese said Da-da 1st, so I figure it is my turn right?
Anyways...just a little smile to brighten your day. She sure does ours!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

oh my goodness...poor little thing! By the way she looks, you'd never know she wasn't feeling well! i need to see your girls! Been tooooo long!

Thomas family said...

She is such a doll! I hope she is feeling better!