Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy October...

Reese and I baking together is one of my favorite things. It actually inspired a whole kitchen remodel and a mamoth center island just for her and I to do so. So this was our project today...Oreo Cookies (Homemade)...
I dyed the cream cheese frosing filling orange to make "Happy Halloween" cookies!
I will share the recipe with you, and maybe you can put your own twist on it...

I told you easy! I use boxed cake mix and pre-made cream cheese frosting. I will give you the recipe for homemade frosting, but who can beat the price. The tub of frosting was on sale for $1, and just cream cheese for the frosting is over $2.50! Cheap and Easy:)


I like to whip the canned frosting to make it fluffier. You can also add your food coloring here. Just red and yellow to make orange.


The munchkin loves to frost the cookies. Beware, it is sometime hard for them to keep it out of their mouthes!!!


And then she FINALLY gets to reap the reward of baking cookies! Still warm to boot...



Oreo Cookie Recipe

2 packages of Devil's Food cake mix
1/2 cup shortening
4 eggs
**Mix eggs and shortening, add cake mixes. Roll into 1" balls and flatten. Lay on baking sheet and bake on 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool cookies.

Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 & 2/3 cup powdered sugar
**Mix and spread between two cookies!

Eat and Enjoy...


Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

3 comments:

Demeri said...

YUMMY!!!!

Jodi said...

I think I will be making those tomorrow! Reese looks so cute in her little apron. Love the top 10 list. You crack me up with the downy!

Heidi said...

Mmm...those look so yummy...I want one!!