Friday, May 22, 2009

Just a little hike

Sitting here on a Friday morning, on the couch, with a cup of my morning favorite in hand. Jason asks me, "What do you want to do today?" "It is my last day off."
Let me translate, "I have to go back to work tomorrow and make money for the family, and I would really like to do something fun before I go back"
(I should mention that he has been off for 3 weeks).
So, knowing him as I do, I went with the latter and asked him what he would like to do. He basicaly told me get some clothes on the girls and jump in the car with our hiking shoes, kid carriers, water and sandwiches, b/c we were off! He wanted to drive all the way over to Lena Lake! Now also knowing him as well as I do, I decided not to dash his hopes, (he holds grudges:)) and the girls and I obliged him. I didn't shower, threw on hiking clothes, got our teeth brushed and loaded us into the car. Payton even obliged her Daddy and took her morning nap in the car just as he said she would.
Unfotunaltey, J missed a highway on our way and gave us an extra 15 inutes in the car. Which is crucial at 11 mos. old. She was done being in the car by the time we got to our destination. Good thing Mommy convinced Daddy to go to Staircase instead. It was a little closer and offered Reese more options for making the hike on her own!
Needless to say, I always look at Jason cross-eyed when he comes at me with these ideas. But I always end up going and we have a blast. Just as we did today! So don't mind my messy, un-showered look, I had to sacrafice something this morning:)
We hope you all had a good friday, and have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend...




2 comments:

Thomas family said...

Love how spontaneous you are! You all are so cute, how fun.:)

Heidi said...

Looks like a great hike! What a fun day!