Friday, April 16, 2010

A few little projects...

I have been recently told that I need to post more of my projects, so here are a few that I have worked on lately:)

This is a dress that I bought for Payton for Easter. I tried really hard to just stay home for Easter this year. I was in the mood to just hang out at home with my hubby and girls. However, my parents, my in-laws and my husband all had a different idea. Needless to say, I lost and we split the day going between Tacoma (home) to Centralia and then to Shelton! And since I didn't have a dress for Payt, I ran out to the consignment shop that I trade things in at and picked this little dress up for Payt for $3. I was excited about the deal, but not the over-all look of the dress. So as Jason would say, I HAD to "be-dazzle" it:) I took off the tattered pink flower and replaced it with a line of little white Hydrangeas with jewels that I put in the middle of them. Then I gathered four spots on the bottom and put the same flowers/jewels on them. I was very happy with how her dress turned out for $3 and a little fun!





I have also been very busy sewing things for the baby shower below! Heidi plans on trying to nurse little Jack so I decided to figure out how to make her a nursing cover. These things go for $30+. So the tutorial I found was priceless! I made her and Erin each one for less that $15 combined. I was able to add boning and adjustable D-rings for fit. And something I decided to add was a little bit of terrycloth in one corner for wiping sweet little mouths!

Anyone want one? I would love to make more:)



This one I just could pass up. On all the craft blogs that I read, all the people find great deals at Walmart. Let me preface this by saying that I have shopped there maybe 4 times in my life! Jason HATES this store. I decided to run to the one in Lakewood the other day anyway to see if I could get any good deals. Well I struck out in many ways, but I came accross these little shirts for $2 in the junior section. I had to grab a few. They would make great dresses right?

Here is the before and after...




And last, I had to share this picture pf Payt! I have no idea what was going on with her at this moment, but it makes me laugh so hard everytime I look at it:) Enjoy!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Your nursing covers are cute, had I found ones like that I may have used them:)
Thanks for sharing your talent.

The Williams Family said...

You are so talented!! I love Paytons Easter dress.

Anonymous said...

Your creativity is great!! I love the nursing cover. I wish I had had one when my kids were nursing.

Heidi said...

I gotta say...I love reaping the benefits of your talents:) Thanks for all of my homemade gifts! Love them! Can't wait to see baby jack in those little booties!